Completed gimbal assembly
While the gimbals were generally smooth they did drag slightly in some sports and many of the plastic surfaces showed marring from past use. After some experimentation I found that dry silicon lubricant worked well. With the gimbals apart I coated the rubbing parts with the lubricant and let it dry.
Careful reassembly also helps keep the gimbals smooth and free.
Precise re-centering of the pots isn't needed at this point but resetting the pots to the rough original resistance values will get them in the ballpark.
Without any record of the original Kraft pot-centering procedures (which may not be valid when using a modern RF-deck and servos anyway), I simply adjusted each pot to center the servo.
1980kraftseries eightyrckpt7c7cradio controltransmitter